Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 2:23:14 AM(UTC)

My brand new GE dryer payday loud noise and then quit. It's only 5 days old. What could be the problem
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:48:42 AM(UTC)

It is possible that something got jammed in the machine. This would cause the motor to overload and the popping sound you heard may have been a circuit breaker.

Check to see if you have 120v coming to each side the connection block. Then disconnect the dryer and insert a screw driver or putty knife in the gap between the top and the front near the edges. This will release clips that hold the top to the cabinet and it will flip up. You can now take off the front panel and see if anything is caught in the machine.

If you need to take out the drum, release the belt using the rear service panel and lift the drum up and out the front.
Chadslack Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 4:24:41 AM(UTC)

I was drying a load of clothes and noticed a slight burning smell. not long after I Heard a pop sound and the dryer stoped working. the dryer belt is good. when I push start nothing at all hapns. not a dryer belt issue. Thw dryer was purchased new 14 months ago and the date of manufature is 12/06... any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter Thanks Chad