Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:48:25 PM(UTC)

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the delay.

If you purchased this microwave in Oct 2010 then it is still under the warranty. Call Sears for service.

Gene.
wamsleyg Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:37:51 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi trevlacxam

What part are talking about?
What exactly is wrong with your microwave?

All technical documentation for your Kenmore microwave should be behind the top panel or inside the control panel. If it's not there, you can buy it from Sears only.

Hello Gene,
Saw your post from 2007 and thought I would see if you could help me please?

We (home use) have a Kenmore microwave 1100 watt model 721.66339800 s/n 904TA00596 manufactured April 2009. Purchased Oct 2010 from Sears. Turns run and runs but will not heat. Capacitor checks out fine, Monitor,secondary and primary interlocks check out fine,HV diode checks out fine,Magnetron is checking out fine (according to Tech Sheet). Checked Transformer to ground it is fine,checked filament to ground it is fine but don't understand how to measure resistance for Primary,Secondary and Filament windings according to Tech Sheet. Have the Tech Sheet that tells me what to check and the readings I should obtain. Saw in an earlier post that if you check across Magnetron terminals and get continuity that it is shorted. Is this correct for all microwaves. If yes than this is the problem with this one. If this is not the case then what else can be the problem with thing not wanting to heat. Microwave should have lasted longer than this as we had a Tappan from Sears that kasted 17 Years.
Thanks for any help,
Greg Wamsley
Point Pleasant,WV. 25550
Gene Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:42:20 PM(UTC)

Open the control panel and check the door switches for continuity with the door closed.

Gene.
w001csm Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2009 5:10:39 PM(UTC)

Same problem, all control panel functions work, fan, and lights but the unit does not heat.
Any help?
kawfeeman Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:31:31 AM(UTC)

sounds like a great idea !
Cathy Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:22:23 AM(UTC)

I just called a repairman. Thanks for your prompt replies.
kawfeeman Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:18:35 AM(UTC)

open the mic oven door and you should see some screws on the side of the control panel ..
Cathy Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:13:09 AM(UTC)

How do I access the things to check. Do I remove the Microwave from the wall hanger or can I access it from the front. What do I check once inside
kawfeeman Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:12:03 AM(UTC)

if you remove the control panel ( with power off, there should be some paperwork in an envelope ) it will tell you a little about the components inside .. need to check resistance of primary winding of High Voltage Transformer .. should also check High Voltage Capacitor as well ... ( and can also check the Mag Tube as well .. ) this is not necessarily easy and should remember that HV Cap's can store a lot of electricity so try to wear rubber gloves ( how old is unit ? ) sometimes it may be worth while calling a Frigi auth service tech ..
Cathy Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:03:40 AM(UTC)

Yes my husband has a multi-meter