Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Leo Washer Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 6:47:15 PM(UTC)

Sorry, Thank You
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:03:47 PM(UTC)

Leo

Please start a new thread and post a model number and someone should be able to help you.

Thank you
Leo Washer Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 5:48:02 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The specs on this model state that if you cannot get 12vDC between pins 1 and 3 the inverter board is bad which sounds like something you already know, so it comes down to trusting the GE diagnosis.

GE is notoriously close with the tech information and it sounds like you already have the tech notes on this model, so you know what we know. We don't see too many of these machines, and the inverter board is where I alway go first to check.

You can check the thermistor at the connection on the inverter board, should have about 120KOhms at room temp, but your tech notes should also tell you this.

The inverter board is one of the weak spots in these models, so if you are getting the 120v into the board I think the chances are pretty good that replacing it will solve your problem.

Good luck.

Good Luck Good Luck
sidfink43 Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:52:09 PM(UTC)

Great, sounds like a nice Holiday present to get it up and running and thanks for the update. That is very helpful as GE just will not release tech data on their machines.
Vincentm251 Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:33:12 PM(UTC)

The Thermistor arrived today. FEDEX Overnight Delivery took 3 days. This part was installed and the washer is up and running. One thing I learned working on this washer is that the wiring on these Thermistors are a thin guage and will break over time. Thanks again to this repair forum and Appliance Parts Pros. Appliance Parts Pros made things right for FEDEX's Shipping Issues.

Merry Christmas,
Vince
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:34:42 PM(UTC)

Well, glad you found that wire and did not spend the bucks for a new board.

Let us know how this works out, the more data we get on these the better we can do.

Thanks
Vincentm251 Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 12:27:28 PM(UTC)

Hi,

I ran another check of the Inverter Board and found the pins are working properly with the correct voltages. I did find a broken wire to the clutch motor and also the thermistor. Fixed the clutch motor wire and have ordered the Thermistor from Appliance Parts. Hopefully this will take care of it. If not, time for a new washer.

Thanks
Vince

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The specs on this model state that if you cannot get 12vDC between pins 1 and 3 the inverter board is bad which sounds like something you already know, so it comes down to trusting the GE diagnosis.

GE is notoriously close with the tech information and it sounds like you already have the tech notes on this model, so you know what we know. We don't see too many of these machines, and the inverter board is where I alway go first to check.

You can check the thermistor at the connection on the inverter board, should have about 120KOhms at room temp, but your tech notes should also tell you this.

The inverter board is one of the weak spots in these models, so if you are getting the 120v into the board I think the chances are pretty good that replacing it will solve your problem.

Good luck.
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 7:47:41 AM(UTC)

Good luck.
Vincentm251 Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:54:19 PM(UTC)

I have a GE Harmony Washing Machine Model # WPGT9350COPL. The clutch motor will not enage. Based on the the error messages displayed while in the service mode, the clutch motor will not engage and a problem with the Thermistor are two possible problems. Both are controlled by the Inverter Board which I beleive is the problem. I ran a voltage test on CON2 and get the required voltages on Pins 1 and 2 ( 5VDC), NO READING ON PINS 1 and 3 and 20VDC on Pins 1 and 4. I believe Pin 3 is bad. Does this sound like the correct diagnostic. The washer is just 5 years old and the wife likes the features of this machine. Before I drop $250.00 for a new inverter board, I need to confirm with an expert on my diagnosis. Thank you.

Vince