Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 6:25:24 AM(UTC)

You are welcome.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
mtc2912 Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 6:12:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Your unit is a Frigidaire, unfortunately I cannot cross match the Kenmore number, so do not know what it's true Model Number is.
Here is a service manual.
Note that it is not a match to your unit but should help you see how they do things.
http://frigidaireservicetips.co...318606_Line_5_SxS_SM.pdf

I disconnected the brown wires from the neutral terminal and jumped the terminal directly to the ground.
Using earth ground for testing is OK but I would not leave it like this, best to get it connected properly to Neutral
yeah, i will-thanks- just trying to keep the groceries cold in meantime

the brown wires connected to the neutral terminal appear to have a voltage of around 15v, so not sure what they accomplish or where they come from. do i need to replace the motor or is it something else?
The motor seems to be OK.
I would say that the Neutral wire from the defrost timer to the fan has an open somewhere.
Check the wiring to see if you can find it. Likely locations are at the plugs/connectors. Run your fingers along the wire to see if there is a slightly depressed area sometimes this is a break also check any sharp turns.

will do - thanks for the quick reply!
denman Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 1:52:11 AM(UTC)

Your unit is a Frigidaire, unfortunately I cannot cross match the Kenmore number, so do not know what it's true Model Number is.
Here is a service manual.
Note that it is not a match to your unit but should help you see how they do things.
http://frigidaireservicetips.co...318606_Line_5_SxS_SM.pdf

I disconnected the brown wires from the neutral terminal and jumped the terminal directly to the ground.
Using earth ground for testing is OK but I would not leave it like this, best to get it connected properly to Neutral

the brown wires connected to the neutral terminal appear to have a voltage of around 15v, so not sure what they accomplish or where they come from. do i need to replace the motor or is it something else?
The motor seems to be OK.
I would say that the Neutral wire from the defrost timer to the fan has an open somewhere.
Check the wiring to see if you can find it. Likely locations are at the plugs/connectors. Run your fingers along the wire to see if there is a slightly depressed area sometimes this is a break also check any sharp turns.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
mtc2912 Posted: Sunday, December 6, 2009 11:13:19 AM(UTC)

took the motor out and tested it and ran fine. getting power to the hot terminal but doesn't seem to be completing circuit through neutral. I disconnected the brown wires from the neutral terminal and jumped the terminal directly to the ground. now everything works fine but not sure what the problem is. the brown wires connected to the neutral terminal appear to have a voltage of around 15v, so not sure what they accomplish or where they come from. do i need to replace the motor or is it something else?

Thanks!