Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
tim lewis Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:14:47 AM(UTC)

how do i take the agitator off and what tools will i need
Gene Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 5:56:02 PM(UTC)

My pleasure.

Gene.
pcarah Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 4:59:15 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the help!
Gene Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 1:50:32 PM(UTC)

The shaft is the part of the transmission (gear case). No any special tools needed.

Gene.
pcarah Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 8:09:48 AM(UTC)

How is the shaft secured prior to removing the bolt for disassembly?Any special tools required? My unit is a LSR7233DQ0. Thanks.
Gene Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 2:48:28 PM(UTC)

JasonS

You can see it on the diagram bellow

UserPostedImage

Good luck.
Gene.
JasonS Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 10:59:54 AM(UTC)

I think I can also use the Agitator repair kit for my Whirpool washer. The bottom agitator still moves during wash, but the top agitator no longer moves.
I have no clue how to disassemble the top of the agitator.
Can someone lead me to a reference source?
I also may have posted this incorrectly..sorry.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 9:02:43 PM(UTC)

robejahori

In most cases replacing the agitator clutch dogs (agitator repair kit, part number AP3138838) is good enough to fix the problem, but if you're not sure about "teeth" then it's better to replace the whole agitator (part number AP3094459 ). It comes as an assembly and you need just unscrew the old one and install the new one.

- Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool direct drive washer Model LA7800XTN0

Good luck.
Gene.
robejahori Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:08:28 AM(UTC)

Upper agitator is slipping on the "engaged" portion of agitating. The dogs and (probably) ring of teeth they are supposed to engage with are not meshing enough to turn the upper agitator with the lower when they are supposed to. If I order the COMPLETE AGITATOR ASSEMBLY (#AP3094459), does it all come together with grease applied etc. (?), or should I just get the AGITATOR REPAIR KIT (#AP3138838) and the grease. Just concerned 'cause the other set of teeth the dogs engage with looks to be part of the upper agitator itself, and (I think) I want to get all new "teeth".