Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:07:03 PM(UTC)

Great, well not great that the lid switch was bad, but great that you diagnosed it and great that the lid switch costs a lot less than the timer.

Thanks for the update.
stanwill Posted: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:04:13 PM(UTC)

Thanks, the lid switch is/was bad.
stanwill Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 4:21:21 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
It is more likely the lid switch is bad. By pass it by taking off the two screws that hold the console to the top (they may be in front, back or under trim pieces) and flip up the console. Disconnect the lid switch connector and insert a solid insulated short piece of wire with the ends exposed in to the two outer holes of the connector coming from the console.

Try the machine and if it works, replace the lid switch.

Thanks I'll try that. Won't be able to get to until middle of week. Will let you know if works.
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 2:44:37 PM(UTC)

It is more likely the lid switch is bad. By pass it by taking off the two screws that hold the console to the top (they may be in front, back or under trim pieces) and flip up the console. Disconnect the lid switch connector and insert a solid insulated short piece of wire with the ends exposed in to the two outer holes of the connector coming from the console.

Try the machine and if it works, replace the lid switch.
stanwill Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 10:13:53 AM(UTC)

This is a Kenmore Model 70 washer, belongs to a friend. I can't find any other model numbers on it.

Goes through wash cycle, timer steps to next cycle and machine stops, will not pump out water. I think the timer is bad but, not sure.