Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ApplianceJunk Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:59:31 AM(UTC)

That's great!
Glad to hear you got it repaired.
Thanks for the update..
boscoe Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:46:06 AM(UTC)

Hey ApplianceJunk, Thanks for the advice. I changed the food chopper and it did the trick! I had this "repairman" look at the dishwasher and he took all kinds of stuff out of the food chopper, glass and a couple of screws to name some, and he said I needed a new impeller. That's where I got that idea. Because of lousy cust. service I decided to fix myself and thanks to you and this forum it now works!
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 3:20:02 PM(UTC)

Impeller kit?
What is the part number of that kit?

Sometimes the food chopper screen gets plugged up with stuff.
If the screen gets plugged up you should replace the food chopper.
A plugged up screen will cut down on the pump pressure and the top spray arm will suffer first.

Take a look at this video. This is a whirlpool dishwasher, but kitchen aid is made by whirlpool so it's the same.

Video: Whirlpool Dishwasher - Check for foreign objects in food chopper
boscoe Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 1:24:14 PM(UTC)

Hey everyone, My kitchen-aid doesn't clean the top dishes very well. It's a little better if I use the heavy cycle and a little better still if I use high temp scrub too. I have an impeller kit and I am trying to remove the pump. It seems the pump is mounted like a disposal with a twist-lock, I found the secret screw that locks the pump but It seems hung-up after I twist. the pump is loose but It won't come out. What is it hung-up on? Any help appreciated!! Thanks