Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
WilliamM/APP Team Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2024 6:29:21 AM(UTC)

Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not identify the specific material used in older or newer blower wheels. However, I have found the newer blower wheels to last a good bit as long as regular maintenance is performed on the appliance.
Guest Posted: Friday, March 22, 2024 6:07:19 PM(UTC)

The above model dryer with s/n 169051410F was given to me as a scrap unit since it would not blow air out the vent pipe. The unit was dismantled and the blower wheel was found to be broken in several areas including the center hub. This p/n blower wheel(1245880 ?) is attached to the motor shaft by a slide on arrangement I call a "D" ring with a snap ring and a spring clamp around the plastic hub to hold it in place on the motor shaft. This design is a weakness as compared to the Threaded on version used on other dryers but is very easy to remove compared to the threaded version. Does anyone know if the plastic material used nowdays is a better quality now as compared to the previous plastic ? I have seen many of these blower wheels broken at the center hub over the years.