Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Jason O Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2024 5:53:28 AM(UTC)

Usually you wouldn't want to repair this element anyway only replace it. [AP3094254] Seen these break in various locations.
Guest Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2024 10:10:02 AM(UTC)

The above dryer model was given to me for possible repair due to a no heat situation. The normal items were checked first including the t-stats and thermal fuse. The next item checked was the heating coil which was found to be an open circuit. The coil assembly typical p/n 3403585 is rated for 5400 watts at 240 volts. The wire was broken at a position adjacent to one of the insulator blocks at a position near the opposite end from the spade connectors. I have seen many of these heater coil assemblies with a broken wire and the break almost always occurs at an insulator block but it also coincides with a distortion of the thin separator plate near this end of the coil assembly. The wire used is a NiChrome alloy of about .060" in diameter and cannot be repaired at least easily. . I am curious to hear from other techs to see if they have noted this wire breakage at this same position and also it they have noted this more frequently on the US produced assemblies as compared to the foreign sourced electric dryers. Any input is appreciated.