Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 4:37:43 AM(UTC)

I have never seen a Kenmore of this type with the single bearing support for the rear end of the drum. This is typical of a GE dryer not a Kenmore. My repair fix would not help you although the rear bearing is probably the cause of the noise. The front of the drum on the GE design is a plastic ring type that the drum slides on which I dont like and is a PITA to change. That may also be worn out.
bill the cat Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2023 10:32:44 AM(UTC)

My dryer has a single shaft / bearing in the rear of the drum. There are no drum support rollers whatsoever. The only roller is on the tensioner.

Thanks.
Guest Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2023 8:44:01 AM(UTC)

I took this unit apart one more time and changed out one of the drum support rollers. My computer is too old to add the pictures here but if you want to see the difference send me an e=mail that shows the difference of the original and a replacement. It worked to reduce the thumping noise. My e-mail address is as follows: jaybird @ @mtco.com
Guest Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2023 7:20:26 AM(UTC)

I have posted an entry a few weeks ago about the same problem on a Kenmore dryer. I am still trying to figure out the cause of this problem . Take a look at my entry on this same subject and let me know if you have found any cause.
bill the cat Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2023 9:29:20 AM(UTC)

Just today, I noticed that my Kenmore model 417.88052700 dryer is thumping when drying clothes. The clothes are drying properly and not getting stuck. If all clothing is removed from the dryer and the drum is spun by hand, the thump is still present, cyclical in nature as in it makes the thump every revolution.

Any suggestions to repair this would be greatly appreciated.