Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Doubletheoven Posted: Friday, November 25, 2022 5:19:46 AM(UTC)

Good morning,

I just found this site via a quick Google search and was hoping someone could help us out.

In the middle of Thanksgiving prep yesterday the top oven in our electric, double stack went out. It's an old GE wall model whose serial number suggests it was built in either 1980 or 1992. The bottom still works perfectly.

There was an incident that may have led to it. One of the cooks wasn't familiar with the oven and was shoving something into it that didn't fit right before it went out. Now, there is a wire sticking out the toward the top and front of the right wall of the bottom oven (which again still works perfectly) that has a frayed far end and isn't connected to anything now. I can't find anything it might connect to other than a hole it could enter. It would be surprising if there was a current carrying wire running through the oven along the top right edge there, but what do I know?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this before I dig into it as I'm not very experienced with repair.

Thanks a lot for any help you can give!