Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 9:03:19 PM(UTC)

My best guess is the touch panel is making it lock on its own. It probably has to do with age, but it might be high humidity. Sooner or later the touch panels break down. Probably more expensive to repair than replace. Turns out the part is no longer available.
Lpool_T Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 1:39:24 PM(UTC)

Hello All -

Looking for some help troubleshooting a new issue on my trusty LG microwave. I came downstairs this morning to find that my microwave was "locked".

After a brief interrogation of other household members I was assured that no one had touched it. I held down the "unlock" button for 5 seconds or so, and voila it was unlocked and I was able to use it. Problem solved..... but not so fast...

Approximately 1 to 2 minutes later the microwave beeped and displayed the "locked" message again with no input from anyone ( I was standing 5 feet away from it ). I unplugged the unit several times, reset the clock, etc. and like clockwork, several minutes later, the unit "locked" itself again.

Any idea what's going on here and how to fix? Unit was installed circa 2010 and have had zero issues up until this morning. Any help in troubleshooting / diagnosis would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,