Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
wdharmon919 Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2022 6:44:10 PM(UTC)

Hi I was just wondering what kind of resolution you got for your washer issue
direct-drive Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 2:09:13 PM(UTC)

Hello,

I'm looking for info on a used Kenmore 500 top-loading direct drive washer I purchased about 3 weeks ago. The first thing I noticed when I ran a load was that the washer is extremely noisy while it's agitating and my understanding is direct drive washers should be quieter than belt-driven. Is that correct?

Secondly, I noticed that water gets splashed up under the lid - quite a bit of water, actually - more than I've ever seen in a belt-driven washer, which is normally dry.

Also, the washer has been leaking on the floor. The water is not coming from the hoses, so I think there's a fair chance it's splashing up between the tub & the frame, and ending up on the floor. Enough is leaking that it seeps out where I can see it & I have to move the washer to dry the floor.

My primary question is: should I be able to turn the tub when the washer is not running? The tub will wiggle from side-to-side, but won't turn.

My secondary question is: what is likely to be the cause of the leaking water? The vendor doesn't think my theory is correct.

The washer is currently at his shop. I've searched online and can't find info pertinent to my situation. I'm hoping someone here can educate me so I can speak to the vendor with some knowledge when he brings the washer back tomorrow morning.