Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
nryuhasz@hotmail.com Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2022 6:46:37 AM(UTC)

Thanks, ThatGuy, for the quick response. I think you directed me to the root cause.

I did not check the selector switch nor any wiring yet. So, yes, there is cold water going to the washer and I did replace the Water Inlet Valve, but when I select Cold / Cold wash no water enters the tub - thanks for the tip of cold water! Therefore something in the wiring or components is preventing the new (and the old) cold water portion of the inlet valve from opening. I assume that is why the Rinse cycle never begins during any type of cycle - no cold water as you pointed out!

So I will look at wiring diagram next and try to locate why the cold portion of the inlet valve is not being activated...

I will report back once I access the wiring diagram and narrow the search.

Thanks again,

Nick

ThatGuy Posted: Friday, May 27, 2022 4:34:26 PM(UTC)

Are you sure you have cold water to the washer? Have you checked the wiring and selector switch?
nryuhasz@hotmail.com Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2022 7:09:28 AM(UTC)

I have repaired our older Whirlpool washer a few times (agitator cogs, etc.). Now everything in each cycle works EXCEPT the RINSE portion of each type of cycle (it fills, empties, agitates, and spins). It always stops when it reaches RINSE; we have to manually move it to SPIN portion to continue. I purchased from AppliancePartsPros a new TIMER and new Water Inlet Valve and installed them. No joy; same thing, everything works except RINSE portion of any cycle.

No clue what to test or replace next.

Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Nick