Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
james78V Posted: Monday, May 16, 2022 11:51:10 PM(UTC)

Try to start relay or test the compressor, first check the start relay is defective, unplug the freezer and remove the start relay from the compressor. Use a multimeter to test the start relay for continuity between the start and run terminals. If the start relay does not have continuity, or if it smells burnt, replace it.

The start relay provides power to the compressor. If the start relay isn’t working properly, the compressor may run intermittently or may not run at all.

If this does not work than please check the compressor. The compressor circulates the refrigerant through the evaporator and condenser coils. If the compressor is not working, the freezer won’t cool. But before replacing the compressor make sure there are not any commonly defective other parts.

Also, you can check if the compressor is defective or not by using a multimeter to test the continuity between the electrical pins on the side of the compressor. If there is an open circuit, the compressor is likely defective.

If your compressor is not working than get it replace by a technician.
Nick72 Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 7:37:51 AM(UTC)

Refrigerator/freezer won’t get cold enough to freeze. I’ve already cleaned the coils, checked the seal on doors, checked airflow wasn’t blocked. I’ve taken the evaporator coil cover off and visually inspected it. There was a small amount of ice build up which I melted with a hair dryer. I could also see the fan working. Problem.... when I open the fridge door and manually push the button, I can hear something try to kick on but then turn off after a couple seconds. It sounds like a motor. Any ideas what it could be and how to test it? I also hear something kick on and off like normal and can feel cold air blowing inside the freezer.