Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
dougnash Posted: Monday, February 14, 2022 9:12:07 AM(UTC)

The default to 425 degrees is apparently normal for convection ovens according to someone who has used them for years. They cook faster so they cool them down a bit to compensate. This should be in the manual to avoid confusion.
The long preheat time seems to be due to an issue with the heating coil reisitance. The spec. is 9 ohms and mine calculates out to 15 ohms. 114V/9.6A = 15 ohms. The power output is then 1100Watts, 114x9.6=1100. The rating is 1600 watts according to the manufacturer. Now I have to get them to fix it and Whirlpool has been very unhelpful to this point.
dougnash Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2022 2:47:07 PM(UTC)

I have a brand new OTR convection microwave oven that takes over 30 minutes to preheat to 425 degrees. This seems excessive and 5-10 minutes should be adequate time to preheat this small oven.
The oven is supposed to be able to bake at up to 450 degrees but when I set it to preheat to 450 it defaults to 425.
Is this correct or is it a problem? There is no info in the manual and Whirlpool can't tell me. They just say to get a service tech involved. No help by phone.