Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2021 8:07:18 AM(UTC)

Just a thought. Ive never tested this theory but have seen the (Heater) contacts in the timer fuse together (in mechanical timers)
Most of those are pretty easy to open up even to see visually.
Guest Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 6:53:55 PM(UTC)

Well after 0 replies I decided to go ahead and replace the motor with it switch as it was faulty but no joy. The element still stays on after you open the door. So just wanted to post this outcome. Going to go back to google and see what other forum are out there and try again to see if I can get some help.
afnashcom Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 5:42:19 PM(UTC)

So if you open the dryer mid-cycle the drum stops but the element is still glowing quite red. It will go off if you turn the timer to off. Unplugged the door switch but element still powers up when time is on. Removed element and all are ok with no signs of shorting to ground. So am I down to it being a faulty centrifugal switch in the motor? Any other possibility to eliminate before purchasing a new motor as it appears switch is not serviced separately.

Kenmore dryer 110.61202010