Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2021 12:59:05 PM(UTC)

Is all of your vent 4 inch? Are you using all metal or the accordion plastic type? How long is the dryer vent length and how many 90 degree elbows are there? Each 90 degree elbow is the same as 5 feet of straight vent. So 4 elbows equals 20 feet of vent. Flexible vent likes to fold up and restrict airflow. Are you sure the outside vent is opening every time?
cameronjpu Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 5:58:13 AM(UTC)

So, this is a pretty new dryer, only about 18 months, and it's been having this problem for over a year. We had a vent cleaning done 6 months ago but the problem returned. It did, however, go away for a while, which is something. The problem (dryer reporting D80, D90, D95 errors) started happening again maybe only a month after the vent was cleaned. I have gone to look at the vent again since the problem started again but found nothing. Not a pro, though.

I understand that some of the dryers, like everything with a lower number than 7300 apparently, allow the disabling of this vent blockage detection feature, but the 7300 doesn't. While I understand that this is a safety feature, it is rendering the dryer unusable. I will start the dryer and it will turn off 15 minutes later. Start again and another 10 minutes. Then start and I get an hour. Then another 10 minutes. So it's completely inconsistent.

Any advice? I don't want to disable a feature that is keeping my house from burning down but we have 3 kids under 4, and no time to be starting the dryer 6 times to get a load dry. Thanks for any advice!