Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Tom Spurlock Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 9:10:02 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: wpollock Go to Quoted Post
Tested all switches in place and the middle switch tested bad. Removed the switch door bracket and with the switch still in place the actuator tab would not click as would the tabs on the top and bottom switches. Removed the switch and after a few times depressing and releasing the tab it started clicking again. The switch now tests to be good but will replace the switch. Is there a way to include jpeg images in a reply?

I had the same problem. I replaced all 3 switches since I had it apart, and the total cost was $35. Later I opened up the switch to see how bad they were. The top two black switches had considerable contact wear from sparking and arcing, leaving lots of soot and carbon on the switch walls. The bottom gray switch was like new when I took it apart, it probably didn't need replaced, but for $10 it was no big deal.

My situation was the switches were intermittent. The switches all tested good with a meter. During use, the contacts would occasionally stick apparently, causing the breaker to trip. FYI, if you have a 20Amp house breaker feeding the microwave, it's likely the microwave fuse inside the microwave will blow. That fuse is accessible without taking the microwave out by removing the vent cover above the door, exposing the fuse. Two screws on the top allows the removal, but it's tricky. However, replacing the fuse will likely result in another blown fuse without replacing the problem switches.
Shooby52 Posted: Monday, October 18, 2021 6:17:24 PM(UTC)

Cuisinart CMW-200 Door button doesn't work. Seems like a broken spring. Door won't open and there are things inside (cups of coffee) before repairing. Any way to get door open? And what and how to get repair it?
Shooby52 Posted: Monday, October 18, 2021 6:16:19 PM(UTC)

Cuisinart CMW-200 Door button doesn't work. Seems like a broken spring. Door won't open and there are things inside (cups of coffee) before repairing. Any way to get door open? And what and how to get repair it?
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2021 1:27:44 PM(UTC)

You would need to host the pic off site then post a link here.
wpollock Posted: Thursday, October 7, 2021 3:49:56 PM(UTC)

Tested all switches in place and the middle switch tested bad. Removed the switch door bracket and with the switch still in place the actuator tab would not click as would the tabs on the top and bottom switches. Removed the switch and after a few times depressing and releasing the tab it started clicking again. The switch now tests to be good but will replace the switch. Is there a way to include jpeg images in a reply?
wpollock Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 8:17:57 AM(UTC)

All three of the switches in my unit are two terminal. Provided all the switches are good, is it common on all microwaves for the top (Primary) switch to have continuity when the door is open, the middle (Monitor) switch to have continuity when the door is closed and the bottom (Door Sensor) switch to have continuity when closed?
JonSklar Posted: Friday, October 1, 2021 3:43:33 AM(UTC)

The problem may happen for the interlock switch. Besides there are other reasons like check like overloaded circuit/ Faulty Appliance/ malfunctioning door switch/ wet turntable motor/ faulty capacitor.
ThatGuy Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 1:46:20 PM(UTC)

Your breaker is a GFI or ground fault interrupter. At the first sign of a short,the breaker trips. I think you probably have a bad micro switch in your door interlock. Part 0501. There are three switches and one is probably bad. When you open the door it shorts to ground, tripping the breaker.

https://www.appliancepar...r-bosch-hmv3053u-01.html
wpollock Posted: Friday, September 17, 2021 5:34:32 AM(UTC)

By main breaker I mean the 20 amp Square D with purple test tab that is dedicated to supplying power to the microwave only. According to a quick internet search, "Why is there a purple test button on the circuit breaker? If the breaker is made by Square D and has the “D inside a square” logo, then the purple test button indicates that it is a Dual Function (GFCI and CAFCI) breaker"
wpollock Posted: Friday, September 17, 2021 4:59:47 AM(UTC)

Update: With the door open, the main breaker will not reset. With the main breaker reset, if I unplug the unit from the dedicated outlet, open, close the door, plug the unit back in, run then stop it, unplug it before opening the door then close it before plugging it back in, the breaker doesn't trip.