Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
applesack37 Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 3:25:17 AM(UTC)

Thanks Thatguy,
I replaced the thermostat, $10.45 on Amazon, and the freezer is working perfectly again!
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 11:43:01 AM(UTC)

When it should be running, but isn't, try tapping the thermostat knob lightly. If it comes on, your thermostat is sticking internally. Sorry about the delay. I don't get paid, just trying to help with something I know. Life gets in the way sometimes.
Guest Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 3:52:39 AM(UTC)

It's a Frigidaire model # FFFU14F2QWJ. I put an OHM meter on the thermostat terminals and it registers when I rotate the dial from warm to cold. When I plug in the freezer it will run when I turn the thermostat to the coldest setting. The freezer temp went down to -20 after running non stop a couple of hours, then it shut and does not start again!
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 12:55:38 AM(UTC)

Could be a bad cold control/thermostat. Need a model number to get a better idea of what we are dealing with.
Bob McDonnell Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 11:32:11 AM(UTC)

My 4 year old Frigidaire upright freezer stopped working. I unplugged it and checked to see if coils were frozen and they were not frozen over. I plugged it back in and the fan runs and I can hear the compressor running. the temperature in the freezer when back to 0 degrees. The next morning the freezer had shut off again. I replaced the defrost timer and it still runs for several hours and shuts off. It will run only after being unplugged and turned back on again. Any ideas?