Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Bsktbll Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2021 4:35:01 PM(UTC)

ThatGuy, thank you for all your expert advice. I found a used timer for a decent price and installed in my washer. Washer is spinning, agitating and advancing thru all cycles. Looks to be it was the timer after all. Replcing the timer with the one from the machine I had in the garage threw me off on this one. I guess that timer was bad also. Back to washing clothes. Thanks again for you time...
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 1:58:52 AM(UTC)

I used to set timer to spin then push the timer knob up and to the right, then down and to the left. If you hear the motor kicking in and out, its probably a bad timer.
Bsktbll Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2021 6:55:28 AM(UTC)

ThatGuy, thanks but I see no fuse in the lid switch wiring and the fact that Timer motor advancing and clicking and I could get motor to engage a couple times (Although I cannot seem to repeat) tells me no blown fuse.

I am suspecting the Timer. I checked all timer contacts for continuity and all show resistance except for the "Fast" and "Slow" contacts. I am assuming this fast and slow is for both agitation and spinning and could be bad. Does my assumption appear correct? Not sure about what fast and slow is?
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 5:50:29 PM(UTC)

Some of the lid switches had a 10 amp fuse, might check on that. Found this... https://www.appliancepar...r-maytag-mav7650aww.html
Bsktbll Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 5:14:31 PM(UTC)

Yes, I believe that is what the Tech said. I do have the tech sheet. Let me ask you your expert opinion. I have been able to engage the motor a couple time by moving/depressing around the timer knob. About 3 times i heard the motor engage some just a couple just for an instance and once extended. Does this point to the timer as being the problem? It is possible when I swapped the timer that one was bad also. Or it could be a wiring problem?
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 5:04:06 PM(UTC)

I don't know what to tell you. If you have the tech sheet or wiring diagram, you can test the timer contacts for continuity. It just takes some time and patience.
Bsktbll Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 4:34:14 PM(UTC)

Timers were exactly the same. Had a tech out today for my oven and I asked him about the washer. He checked voltage at motor-was good. Pressure switch continuity was good. Lid switch is bypassed and doesn't appear to be problem. Tech checked/moved wires around with no apparent problems and says nothing else left in the circuit. Possibly ovelooking something, but stumped. Tech points to timer, but the swap out says other wise. I asked about testing the timer and tech stated no real way to test unless to tear it apart. I am not buying a timer for $150 only to find out not the problem. Not giving up but do not know what to do.
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 2:58:52 PM(UTC)

Unless the timer part numbers cross to each other, they probably won't work. They might have the motor contacts on different terminals in the wiring harness. It sounds like a lid switch problem, you might check the wiring to and from the lid switch. Also check for voltage at the motor. Continuity through the timer, pressure switch, and any other parts in circuit.
Bsktbll Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 6:01:31 PM(UTC)

Hey Pro's: Well, swapped the timer with the machine in the garage with the bad transmission and still having the same problem. Timer is good. Can hear clicking from timer, but no spin and no agitation. Unit will fill with water.

Looking for some expert advice. ThatGuy, looking for your next best educated guess? Much appreciated!
Bsktbll Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2021 4:32:41 PM(UTC)

That guy, thank you for the insight. That was my next avenue to check the timer. I have that similar old machine in the garage with faulty transmission that I have been keeping around for just this reason. I will swap timers and let you know how it goes.