Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 6:01:41 AM(UTC)

Can we file a class action law suit. We replaced our lid 2 times and it's broken again.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 6:00:57 AM(UTC)

Can we file a class action law suit. We replaced our lid 2 times and it's broken again.
Guest Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2022 3:06:39 PM(UTC)

We are having the same problem we only had our top load Maytag washer for about 2 years and like everyone else the hinges has cracked on the left side and it take me a while to get my machine to start washing. Maytag need to do something about this problem. We paid a good price for the set. We all need help with this problem.
Guest Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2022 3:05:34 PM(UTC)

We are having the same problem we only had our top load Maytag washer for about 2 years and like everyone else the hinges has cracked on the left side and it take me a while to get my machine to start washing. Maytag need to do something about this problem. We paid a good price for the set. We all need help with this problem.
Guest Posted: Monday, September 12, 2022 10:40:21 AM(UTC)

Having the same problem.

Replaced the lid ($266.)on a 2 year old washer and the hinge broke AGAIN in less than 3 months !!!!
Guest Posted: Friday, September 9, 2022 5:41:11 AM(UTC)

Same issue,repairman wants 375 for the part plus labor. There are 3 in the shop right now. Came with a 10 year warranty but only the motor and tub.
Gene Posted: Monday, September 5, 2022 6:11:34 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
I purchased a Maytag top load washer on May 4, 2019 from Home Depot. 21 months later the left hinge broke, which is made of plastic. An appliance repairman was called and quoted $400 to fix the problem, plus labor. Of course, he charged for the visit he made. I have called Maytag's toll free number and researched whether or not there has been a recall on this model. There are other customers that have had the same problem, and Maytag is aware of the plastic hinges breaking, but there is no recall.

It is too early for a class action lawsuit; however the front load Maytag washers were having similar problems less than three years ago. Spending $400 plus labor to have this 21 month old Maytag Bravo top load washer repaired doesn't make sense. Are there any other customers facing this or do you have any suggestions other than purchasing another brand of top load washer or keep pouring money into this Maytag washer?

Thanks.

Hello Joy. The complete model and serial numbers of the washer could help you and others to find solution.
Thank you, Gene.
Guest Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2022 2:22:53 PM(UTC)

Same issue w maytag washer. Bought 2019. Top glass lid plastic frame just began cracking then literally crumbling like it was ancient plastic. Lid pops up on left side which stops washer as its the locking side. Can only use if we put 40lb of barbell weights on top. Really unhappy. Quite expensive. Not going to pay $450 + tax/labor (quote i was given in CT) for new lid WHICH includes part w hinge (as left side housing for hinge lock is too desintegrated to reuse originak lid) omg! I spent 800+ @ home depot. Cannot believe this is whats become of maytag- no more quality i guess. Sickening!
Guest Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2022 2:20:50 PM(UTC)

Same issue w maytag washer. Bought 2019. Top glass lid plastic frame just began cracking then literally crumbling like it was ancient plastic. Lid pops up on left side which stops washer as its the locking side. Can only use if we put 40lb of barbell weights on top. Really unhappy. Quite expensive. Not going to pay $450 + tax/labor (quote i was given in CT) for new lid WHICH includes part w hinge (as left side housing for hinge lock is too desintegrated to reuse originak lid) omg! I spent 800+ @ home depot. Cannot believe this is whats become of maytag- no more quality i guess. Sickening!
Guest Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2022 2:27:19 AM(UTC)

I only buy top load washers. They have fewer plastic parts and overall last longer. Our last Kenmore lasted 19 years.