Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
yaworski Posted: Friday, April 9, 2021 8:57:39 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Amana used to weird that way. Thermostat controls the freezer and a self closing/opening damper allows air into the fresh food side. All fine and dandy till it breaks down and they don't make them anymore.

Thanks for the help. Now that I understand the operation of the fridge, I adjusted things so that that fridge is about 40 and the freezer is about 0.
yaworski Posted: Friday, March 26, 2021 1:44:13 PM(UTC)

Interesting. Something new to learn everyday.

Thanks again.
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2021 4:03:34 PM(UTC)

Amana used to weird that way. Thermostat controls the freezer and a self closing/opening damper allows air into the fresh food side. All fine and dandy till it breaks down and they don't make them anymore.
yaworski Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:59:37 AM(UTC)

Thanks. I saw that but was a bit confused because they call it a "freezer control." I always thought that the thermostat regulated the refrigerator temp and the freezer was regulated by how much air you let escape into the fresh food secontion.
ThatGuy Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 1:45:10 PM(UTC)

yaworski Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 10:42:55 AM(UTC)

Amana Model TSI18A3L-P1182106WL

Old top freezer refrigerator that is getting too cold. I have all the settings at the warmest and my thermometers say that the refrigerator is 29F and the freezer is -9F.

Talked to a guy I know who is an appliance repair tech and he said, "Thermostat's bad." Ok, fine. The problem is that I look at the parts list for this fridge and I don't see "Thermostat" listed except for the defrost thermostat.

Any advice or suggestions?