Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 8:01:19 AM(UTC)

Good job. This web site is mostly dead. I stop by maybe once a week, but usually don't answer if I'm not sure about the solution.
Rocket Rider Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2021 11:59:46 AM(UTC)

Once removed it was a simple job to get to the damper door. The flap was broken from the shaft that opens and closes the damper door. I repaired with JB Weld and let it set overnight. Overnight I taped a piece of folder paper over the hole from the freezer into the fridge with just a tiny opening for the cold air to spill over. The fridge stayed at 37 degrees all night. Upon reassemble the door worked just fine. Until the new part arrives I believe this will work just fine.

bob
Rocket Rider Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2021 3:18:18 PM(UTC)

After muddling my way through the teardown it is the damper door coming from the freezer. Now to make sure I get the right one. I am going to try JB Weld on it for now until the new one arrives.

bob
Rocket Rider Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2021 1:47:57 PM(UTC)

I went out last night to my garage fridge, (~ 40 F ambient)and my salad was frozen. Looking at the temp inside the door it was reading 28 degrees. That was confirmed this AM with thermometer.

GE Profile Arctica Model # PSC23NGPA BB

Freezer works fine, temp is about -2F. After taking the back plate off I noticed the fan on the coils runs constantly, I don't know if this is normal or not.

I set the temp to 45F and it still cools down to 28F.

Any ideas on where to start? Usually when fridges die they go to warm, this one is different enough there isn't a lot of info available on the web.

TIA

bob