Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bdevlin Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 7:29:06 AM(UTC)

This was diagnosed to have a non functioning heater for the ice maker. So the line feeding water to the ice maker has frozen. They said that heater is inside the door encased in foam. In other words the fix is a entire new door. What is strange to me is that there is only one water line through the top door hinge that supplied the ice maker and water dispenser.
bdevlin Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:51:02 PM(UTC)

The Dual Water valve has 4 lines attached. The Water "In" is obvious. One of the other three lines goes directly to the freezer which connects to nothing. Another other line goes to the filter and the third line goes to a Y connection where one side enters at the top of the fridge while the other side of the Y is the output of the water filter. I assume, since the ice maker is toward the top of the fridge door that the line that enters at the top of the fridge is for the ice cube maker. Is there another valve inside the fridge for the ice maker?
bdevlin Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 9:21:35 AM(UTC)

I added the model number. I think I see what you are saying. You mean the harnesses attached to the Dual valve. Switch them and see it the Water dispenser switch sends water to the ice maker. Right?
Are there other valves to check inside the ice-maker/water dispenser door?
ThatGuy Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 5:33:27 AM(UTC)

Without a model number its hard to say what is going on. If your water valves are both 120 volt you could maybe switch the other wiring harness from the door side, to the ice maker side. Push the button and see if water comes out in the freezer.
bdevlin Posted: Monday, January 11, 2021 2:18:45 PM(UTC)

I have a GE Profile side by side bottom freezer (model PYE22KSKBSS). No issues with the water dispenser. The way I see it, no water is being sent to the ice maker. I tested the inlet valve and both solenoid test at about 400ohms. I fed a piece of weed whacker line up the water dispenser and it went up a couple feet. Did the same from the ice maker section and it went down about a foot. I tried shutting the unit down for 30 minutes, tried a hair dryer, no change. Any ideas?