Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 9:05:21 PM(UTC)

I'm glad you got it fixed up. This forum is mostly dead these days. There used to be five or more people volunteering their time to answer questions, but a couple them died or retired. I still come here every once in awhile, but I only help if I know the appliance pretty well. I know very little about samsung and appliances made in the last 10 years.
sac65849 Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 8:41:03 PM(UTC)

FIXED < 2hrs needed screwdriver, pliers, some hex sockets and a worklight

I unplugged dishwasher, turned off water and was able to access the inlet valve after removing the bottom front panel (4 screws). A little snug but I was able to completely detach the inlet valve.
I removed the 4 brass screws holding the valve together and was able to see a fine mesh screen filled with gritty particles, rinsed it out with a water spray followed up with compressed air and the screen cleaned up nice and shiny with no damage. (I imagine if the screen was perforated any debris could get inside the valve and keep it from closing completely and possibly flooding the kitchen).

Anyway now the existing valve works fine and the dishwasher fills properly works like new! I now see it has not filled properly for years. I appreciate "ThatGuy" and this forum and will come back for other replacement part needs!
sac65849 Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 2:16:12 AM(UTC)

ThatGuy thanks for the tip that that the inlet valve can malfunction delivering less water than required. I did not know a timed valve could deliver a specific amount of water so went down the rabbit hole..

https://insights.globals...-flow-control-valve-work

Also thanks for the part number, I will replace if I do not see any obvious blockage on the existing inlet when I get home from work tonight.
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 12:42:32 AM(UTC)

It could be partly blocked at the inlet screen. They can be cleaned. I looked it up and came up with this part number W11082871. All kinds of them on epay, the internet, and even this site. All kinds of prices too.
sac65849 Posted: Monday, January 4, 2021 8:56:23 PM(UTC)

I have a Maytag quiet clean that fills partially and does not spray until I add 2-3 cups additional water manually. Looks like a timed inlet valve, but I am wondering how this would work for a variety of input pressures. Seems to cycle normally but makes a lot of noise and the dishes stay dirty since the water stays too low to get a spray. If I can find a replacement valve for whirlpool 9902628 any input on if this will fix the problem.