Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
yosoy Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 7:00:58 PM(UTC)

That weirdness has been the case for my Kitchenaid Suprema (propbably as old as your oven) for the last year or so....
I have simply gotten into the routine of heating with the regular Bake first, then turning off, and starting either the Convection mode, or the Convection Conversion mode, and then it gets to proper temp shortly.

I recommend you just become reconciled to this routine. Perhaps put it in writing somewhere so if it's someone else using the oven, they'll remember the new routine.
pcbohl Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2020 5:15:40 AM(UTC)

GE JT965 combo electric convection oven and microwave combo wall unit

So the oven would not heat up. We only use the convection bake function. We never tested the regular bake function before applying the following repair. I replaced the bake element In hopes that would fix things. When I tested the convection bake after installing the new baking element, I could get no heat. When I tested the regular bake function, I got heat.

I discovered that if I started the pre-heat on bake, I could then switch to convection bake and it will continue heating. This seems weird.

This appliance is 14 years old. I am hoping to remodel the kitchen in the next year or so and would like to avoid any expensive repairs (especially anything involving pulling this unit out of the wall - minimum $350). If there is a likely solution I can apply with the unit fully installed that’s ideal. Otherwise we’ll just learn to limp along with the above mentioned work-around.

I really appreciate your thoughts!