Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
GEfixerupper Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2020 6:25:53 PM(UTC)

I awoke to my GE washing machine (circa 2015) in the drain cycle running the drain pump continuously for what was likely hours overnight.

I unplugged it several times, and each time I plugged back in, it would resume draining.

I Googled the model # to find a control board, as I suspected this was my only solution.
I found very few hits for my model # on Google, but I did manage to find the control board part- it was ~$150.

I then looked at some of the reviews of the boards (mostly eBay) and found that the boards often need programming. I found only ONE Google hit with instructions on programming (at 101.justanswer.com); it is a PDF and tells you how to enter the service mode on various GE models, including mine.

A few buttons and turns of the dial and WHAM, it started working again!

Maybe most here already know this, but there were very few Google hits on this and in fact even the site with the PDF is only posting the doc-- there is no discussion on this there.

Hopefully I've helped someone here with this.

LINK to PDF