Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kgleason Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 11:30:43 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Royce Hunt Go to Quoted Post
I would say check the thermal discs on the element housing and the Perma discs on the blower housing nine times out of 10 when one quit eating everybody assumes that the heating element not necessarily true every time I tackled one it was usually a thermodisc

Thanks, but if it were the heating elements or thermal discs, then wouldn't I be able to expect it to not heat up properly?

It only won't heat up when I use the automated dry cycle. With times dry it heats up perfectly.
Royce Hunt Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 1:28:09 AM(UTC)

I would say check the thermal discs on the element housing and the Perma discs on the blower housing nine times out of 10 when one quit eating everybody assumes that the heating element not necessarily true every time I tackled one it was usually a thermodisc
kgleason Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 6:19:46 AM(UTC)

I have a GE PTDN600EM0WT electric dryer.

A few days ago it stopped heating up. I didn't think to test to see if all of the cycles were having the same issue. I assumed (seemingly incorrectly) that they did. This morning I realized that timed dry is heating up great, but auto dry still is not working.

Here's everything I've done so far:

1. Tested the vent for blockage. Didn't find any but cleaned it out for good measure.
  2. Took out the drum, and tested all of the thermostats and relays I could see inside the unit. Everything had continuity as one would expect. I did not remove any of the electronics from the dryer, so I didn't do anything like shake the thermostats while testing for continuity.
  3. Tested the dryer on automatic while not connected to the vent. No heat
  4. Tested the dryer on timed dry while not connected to the vent. Heat.

I'm not entirely sure what the issue could be. It seems as if it could be the control panel on the dryer, but I'm not entirely sure.

I see lots of stuff on line about automatic cycle stopping too quickly with clothes being wet, but I don't see a lot about the automatic cycle with my specific symptoms:

• Timed dry works
  • Automatic dry never gets hot, and the cycle runs without stopping. I've not been able to confirm if the timer advances or not, but I strongly suspect that it doesn't.

It seems to me that the issue is that the automatic cycle isn't engaging the heating element properly. Which further seems to indicate an issue with the control board.

I'm mostly looking for a sanity check, or some other thing that I'm missing.

[Edit]After looking on Appliance Parts Pros, it seems like it could be the timer. I'd love to have someone else's thoughts before I drop $100 on that part though.