Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Sunday, January 7, 2024 7:43:38 AM(UTC)

It has been driving us nuts for years to establish this melody was from the freezer ... as opposed to the other appliances and equipment in the room. Wish someone could give a definitive explanation and resolution on this.
Guest Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2023 3:23:39 PM(UTC)

So does mine, and it’s starting to drive me insane! The issue started about 6 months ago, and back then it was very random and we could hear the song every once in a while. I actually suspected we were having some electrical issues. But it has since gotten much, much worse. Now it sings several times a day at all hours. NOT. FUN. Very often, it does coincide with the end of a compressor cycle… but not always.

I had an appliance tech come today for another repair, so I mentioned this issue and asked for his thoughts, and also if he could disconnect the “speaker” to stop this madness! On the latter, he removed the control board to check, and the bad news is the “buzzer” (he called it that) is built into the board on the version that I have, so he said it couldn’t be disabled!!

He went on to suggest I replace the control board. I mentioned this thread and tried to explain the best I could how others had attempted that without success, and that the issue appears to be in the wiring. He didn’t seem too convinced, and still suggested I replace the control unit.

Which I would be happy to do if I had assurance it would fix it… but at 400$ it’s a pretty expensive guess. And now I can’t even disable the chime!!

Has anyone figured this out or can offer a working solution? Please?

These Whirlpool Sidekick units have been quite unpleasant to deal with so far. Ugh.
Guest Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 7:58:49 AM(UTC)

Mine sings too lol
Guest Posted: Friday, August 25, 2023 6:28:09 AM(UTC)

Has anyone who posted above get any results?
Guest Posted: Friday, August 25, 2023 6:10:56 AM(UTC)

I'm having the same problem. How come no one can figure this out? This is ridiculous!
Guest Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2023 4:49:26 PM(UTC)

I have the same problem hear the same ‘song’ that drives my dog crazy at all hours at random intervals. Replace the control board for $400 and it still sings to me. HELP!
Guest Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2023 5:16:02 PM(UTC)

As it turns out, only an expensive new control board assembly solves it. BTW, you'll likely find that the resets are not allowing auto defrost to ever occur.
Guest Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 12:21:11 PM(UTC)

When the cpmpressor turns off, the flyback spike causes the control board to reset and issue the melody. This is happening as the control board varistor slowly degrades towards a short.
Guest Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 4:21:55 PM(UTC)

Nitram987, where does this piece, W10861568, go in the freezer?
Did you find instructions for installation?
(I have spent so long to find this information, now i have the piece to install, but dont know where to begin)

Also, it sounds like you did this, AND it still did not work. Is that correct?
Nitram987 Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 2:07:49 PM(UTC)

I'm sorry "Guest". Even cutting the old wires that exit out of the controller box to the piezo, and then installing the piezo inside the controller box using just short wires, DID NOT solve the melodies. They came back. So, after too many hours, and without any additional manufacturer info, I have given up. I am currently using a Govee WiFi Thermo-Hygrometer to ensure that my freezer is keeping my food properly frozen at all times. I also installed a 120-volt box-fan pointing at the compressor and wired into its 2 power lines in order to keep the compressor from getting too hot. I'm hoping to get another 4 years out of this strangely temperamental Whirlpool upright freezer.