Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
USAFsarge Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 6:28:25 PM(UTC)

Hi,

New user here. Trying my best!

I have a Kitchenaid Superba oven/stove. The right-rear electric burner won't seem to turn off. It's a ceramic top stove, with all the controls in front of the horizontal surface of the stove, with mostly digital buttons, and the traditional knobs for the stove burners.

I know that most likely, I need to pull the oven/stove out from between the cabinets to find the model number, if I can do that. I'll give a try. On top of the stove is the word, "Ceran." in the right rear corner, and there are the words, "Hot-Chaud," toward the front of the horizontal surface, if that helps.

If the model number is on the read of the oven, I could only ask - why not put that number on a metal plate on the oven door so it's easy to find? Oh well.

The Main Question is:
Is it possible that the "Hot-Chaud" light is simply a warning light that tells you not to touch the stovetop? If so, that's the main question I am seeking an answer to. Not sure what a "Chaud" is. Sounds perhaps like French. Knowing the meaning of that light would be a lot of help.

Thank you very much.