Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
David L. Mandel Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:39:30 PM(UTC)

In case someone is looking up the model to reply: There's a typo in the number I gave. The correct model number is 79640512900.
David L. Mandel Posted: Sunday, August 4, 2019 10:12:08 PM(UTC)

My Kenmore washer stopped mid-cycle and wouldn’t drain. It showed error code FE, which is said to refer to a problem with the water intake valve. I drained out the tub and ran the diagnostic sequence. The intake valve seemed fine, no error code showed … but the drain pump didn’t activate. No sound or anything.
I removed the drain pump and tested the resistance. It was 16.something, which I believe is OK, despite what it says in the service manual*. It appeared intact and functional (I replaced the pump a couple of years ago) and I could find nothing blocking the hoses nor anything but a little grit in the coin trap. Next I tested the power leads coming to it (with the machine on) and saw zero voltage. So if I was doing it right (I think so but am not completely sure), that must be the problem.
How can I best find where the broken electrical connection, short circuit, etc. is? Following the wires back up they get covered and combined with lots of others, but that seems unlikely anyway. I know one option is to replace the control board, but that’s an expensive part. Is there a way to confirm that’s the location of the problem before I spring for it? And if so, is there ever a way to repair the board without fully replacing it?
Thanks.

*On page 25 of the manual, right column on top:
“Measure the resistance of
the drain pump motor. Is
the resistance between 10
and 20? If yes replace the drain pump assembly.”
I think this should be “if no,” not “if yes.” Correct?