Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
tenlbham Posted: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:48:12 PM(UTC)

If it's low on freon, will the coils still frost over? I've noticed since I replaced the control board that the fan hasn't been running. I'm going to try replacing the fan motor first.
Gene Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 8:23:57 PM(UTC)

Very likely the system is low on Freon. You may want to call a certified technician to check the pressure in the system.
tenlbham Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2019 1:48:16 PM(UTC)

We have a Frigidaire model FRS23R4A, about 20-ish years old, kept in the garage and mostly used for drinks, bulk frozen foods, and overflow from kitchen. A couple months ago, I went to get something out and noticed the food in the freezer was mostly thawed. Lights were on but I couldn't tell if the compressor was running. I couldn't hear the compressor running so I checked the relay continuity and it appeared to be bad, so I ordered and installed a replacement. Also cleaned the condenser coils and parts under the fridge.

The compressor definitely runs now, the evaporator coils get frost on part of them (is that normal or should the entire coil get frosty?), but it's still not freezing. I thought maybe the evap fan was bad because the voltage to it was very low and I never saw it running, so I replaced the control board.

I can see the fan will run now, but not very often. The freezer is still not freezing so I'm not sure what else it could be.