Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jonesfam0601 Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 5:39:46 AM(UTC)

Hello, when trying to run a cycle on my GE washer, it initially starts to fill with water, then the motor is suppose to start, but that's not occurring. When the motor is suppose to start running after the initial trickle of water inside the tub, all I get is an intermittent clicking noise, like something is trying to happen but it's not able to.

I initially found the issue over the weekend. I was washing clothes and when i went to check on them that evening, they were really wet and water was in the bottom of the drip pan. I checked both the drain hose and the other hose underneath and none were leaking. I tried to run a drain & spin cycle but nothing happened. Seems to be a minor issue but I'm not sure.

I've tried disconnecting the power for a couple minutes, but that didn't work. There's also a way to run diagnostics but I'm not sure of how to.

Also, i know that the lid lock switch typically goes bad, I haven't messed with that yet either.

The washer is only 3 years old, bought in DEC 2015 from Lowes, installed in March 2016.

The following post caught my eye when doing research ---> https://forum.appliancep...er-refuses-to-spin-drain

Any help is appreciated.