Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
katikelcykiley Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 5:43:28 AM(UTC)

I have a Maytag Washer model LAT9334AAE that recently stopped working. I went to unload clothes, as timer had cycled, but the tub was still full of water. I reset the timer and turned the machine on. Moments later I smelled smoke, opened the lid and there was a ton of smoke and strong burning odor. I looked behind top front electrical panel and there are NO signs of burnt components or wiring. Removed front panel and removed and checked belts, which show no signs of slippage. Motor mount slides freely, pump pulley and transmission pulleys turn freely, although I can barely turn the drum by hand from inside. (not sure if I should be able to) Motor smelled a bit of burnt windings. I ordered a replacement motor and installed it, but all it does is hum after the tub fills, it doesn't run even with the belts off. Does anyone know how I could test power going to this motor? Is there a start capacitor somewhere that I can't find? It has Red, White, Blue, Black and Yellow wires.