Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
oilspotnm Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 11:49:48 AM(UTC)

Two days after my amana washer starts making noise... my dryer will not start:mad: .

It makes a buzzing noise but fails to start. So I start watching videos and tear into it. I've confirmed that the Thermo fuse (or whatever they call that little fuse) is good with my volt ohm. I run the test on the door switch also and it checks out.
I went ahead and pulled the drum. Checked the rollers to make sure they're rolling free, the drums rotating freely on the felt guides etc. Everything checks out. Connections to the motor are good and I used my air compressor to blow everything in the motor etc. out. hoping that some dust or something was interrupting the points type connections on the motor controls. I reassemble everything, attempt to start the dryer and now the "buzz" to try to start the motor is hit or miss.

I'm out of patience to pull the motor at the moment, but I'm thinking the motors gone bad with no warning.

Any other thoughts on what could cause the problem before I tear the cabinet back of to pull the motor and start testing it? I didn't do it while I was in there because, well murphys law. I was pretty sure that I'd shatter the blower fan while trying to get it off.

I would like to note that the sharpening dept. at Amana, is doing a wonderful job in achieving edges as sharp, if not sharper, than a top of the line samurai sword!!!