Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
roboref Posted: Monday, August 6, 2018 10:25:16 AM(UTC)

My refrigerator compartment quit cooling and I am trying to troubleshoot it. I have performed the following tests and and am looking for confirmation I am replacing the correct parts. Thank you for your help.
1. Condenser fan and compressor both running.
2. Fan coils below refrigerator are clean and free of dust. ec.
3. Checked for evaporator motor running in freezer, it is running
4. Freezer is plenty cold.
5. No frost build up on coils in back of freezer compartment, so I think defrosting is working.
6. No air flow through diffuser. Diffuser/air damper is closed.
7. Bottom return air vent from fridge to freezer is open.
8. Removed 2 thermistors from wiring harness next to air diffuser. one from freezer compartment and one in fridge compartment.
9. Checked resistance. From the tech support people at Appliance Parts. at 36 degrees should read 29500 ohms- the actual reading is 8200, reading at room temp should 11200 actual reading is 3600.
10. If I shut down the whole fridge at the power button inside the fridge and then power it back on the air diffuser damper will open, but then close again.
11. I am assuming this is due to the failed thermistors?
12. The air diffuser damper assembly is OK, I assume since the damper can open and close. But is remaining closed due to bad thermistors.
13. So if I replace both thermistors, will this correct the problem with the dmaper remaining closed?
14. Or do I need to worry about an issue with the main control board?

I hope someone can help. I feel like I am close and can repair this myself but am looking for some knowledgeable guidance.