Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
aminerd Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2018 5:40:36 PM(UTC)

For the past 2 weeks or so, our Frigidaire refrigerator has been having trouble making ice (ice in the bin was melting and refreezing), and it had also been showing some condensation inside the fresh food cabinet, both of which I thought might be due to a failing door gasket. However, the temperature inside the fresh food compartment seemed fine, and food was staying frozen inside the freezer.

Two days ago, the refrigerator reported dual OP (thermistor open) codes on the freezer/fresh food temperature display. I power-cycled the refrigerator, and this changed to dual SH codes (thermistor shorted).

It seemed unlikely that both thermistors would go bad at exactly the same time. I've removed the freezer thermistor and tested it with a multimeter, and it appeared to be fine. I pulled the board and checked both thermistors at the connector, and they both seemed to be fine there. I'm not as concerned about the ice issue and just give that as background. Once it threw the error codes, it stopped cooling/freezing, which is the main issue at this point.

Is this potentially a board issue? Is there anything else I can check?