Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
SaraM Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2018 8:24:40 AM(UTC)

Our 12 year old Maytag double-oven electric range (MER6875ACB) is gradually losing its mind. Over the last year, the oven control has stopped working several times. I found that removing/reinserting the 2 ribbon cables on the right-hand side of the control ckt board helped with that.

The last couple of weeks, it's started beeping randomly. No error codes displayed, although sometimes the "lock" indicator flashes. I thought that pressing 'cancel' on the lower oven control helped, but it was probably a fluke - today it's beeping almost constantly ever since I turned a burner on for breakfast 3 hours ago, and neither power-cycling nor removing/reinserting the ribbon cables helps.

Does this mean the control board needs replacing? If yes, does that need a repairman, or can I do it myself?

Thanks...