Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Rist Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2018 5:55:10 AM(UTC)

Thank you for the response. I checked the outlet and plug and they were fine. So I took out the timer, tested it, and put it back on. I think it came loose while moving or that dust got in the connections because after I put it back on the dryer worked fine.

Either way, problem fixed!
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2018 12:59:15 PM(UTC)

The cycling thermostat sounds okay. The small terminals are a bias heater and that is basically a little heater that causes the thermostat to open with lower heat.

I'd check the timer. It may have a contact burnt off inside.

Did you make sure the dryer has 240 volts up to it?

It could also be the motor, but that's pretty rare.
Rist Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2018 5:11:29 AM(UTC)

Hello,

I have a dryer that spins and blows air and vents fine but it won't heat the element. I've done continuity tests on the heating element, high lownthermostat, and thermal fuse. All are operational and fine. I tried bypassing the thermal fuse too just to be absolutely sure that wasn't the problem.

The cycling thermostat has inner and outer terminals. The outer show continuity when I test them. The inner ones register midway between infinity and zero. Also the timer makes a buzzing noise when on. Those are the only two other parts I know that it can be. But I don't want to order parts I don't need.

Any advice?