Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Monday, February 5, 2024 9:20:07 AM(UTC)

Wpl dryer m# lte6234dt3 runs constantly even with a ew timer
Guest Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2024 7:33:23 AM(UTC)

I have several timers that I can provide one for the price of postage. One of these also has a small bell to announce that a load is done . I have the schematic page for this dryer also and can take a picture of the item if that would be helpful . Tom H
Guest Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2024 4:00:47 AM(UTC)

If you are still trying to get this dryer to work properly and need a timer I have several used ones and I can provide one from a Maytag dryer . the timer works OK but the motor is worn out. Advise if you want it for the price of postage. I live in Washington, Illinois with zip code 61571. Let me know ASAP otherwise I will be scrapping this unit. My e-mail is as follows
jaybird@mtco.com
Guest Posted: Monday, January 15, 2024 5:25:09 AM(UTC)

You need a new timer assembly. As I stated in a previous response one or more sets of contacts are burned or damaged. Sometimes you can clean them if you are very careful and can take the timer apart. Dont expect it to work properly as it may be beyond repair. Also look at the small gear on the end of the timer motor shaft . If it is worn badly you will need to replace the timer.
Guest Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2024 8:59:55 AM(UTC)

Having similar issue . The timer continuously runs . It will shut off when it reaches off but then continue and turn on the next cycle .
David Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 10:01:57 AM(UTC)

Hello,
I have essentially this exact same problem. I want to make sure I'm fixing the correct part, though.
My dryer will shut off when I open the door, but otherwise the timer advances continuously. When I remove the circuit board, however, it will stop at the end of the regular timed cycle (it does not seem to advance in the accudry cycle without the circuit board). So I'd like to figure out whether it is the timer or the circuit board that has the issue and needs to be replaced.
I should mention this all started after the dryer had a power short and there was a bit of spark/fire near the timer. I would assume this means the timer has the issue, but assuming can also get you in trouble.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
David
ppipowerclass Posted: Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:39:12 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: scott5495 Go to Quoted Post
It is definitely the timer. The contacts supplying voltage to the timer motor are stuck together. Make the motor run continuously until you open the door, killing the circuit.

ok. I was really struck by this, because I got 3 dryers in this week that are all doing it ( all Whirlpools, or built why whirlpool ). I rip Invenys dryer timers apart, all of the time and swap contacts out. I will look in to that tomorrow.
thorning Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:10:38 AM(UTC)

The timer in question can be dismantled if you are very careful and you may be able to clean up the contacts that are sticking or burnt. Be very careful when you take the cover off. I have many used dryer timers in my junk box and sometimes rob internal parts to fix one. It can be done and there is a U tube video showing how to do it.
scott5495 Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 6:47:49 PM(UTC)

It is definitely the timer. The contacts supplying voltage to the timer motor are stuck together. Make the motor run continuously until you open the door, killing the circuit.
ppipowerclass Posted: Monday, April 2, 2018 6:32:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: scott5495 Go to Quoted Post
If you place the timer on "timed dry", does it advance? If not, you have a bad timer motor or contacts inside the timer are not sending power to the timer motor. If this is the case you will have to replace the timer

I have placed it on timed dry. It spins through the cycle, making heat how it should and the timer is advancing. Then it keeps on going past " off ", to the next cycle, then past " off " again.. Spinning and spinning, dryer still running. Only thing that stops it is when I open the door. Then I can close the door and re-start.