Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
stickyfinger Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 12:40:02 PM(UTC)

i also just bought the DA47-00243K bimetal thermostat for my samsung. i got it in the mail today and it is closed when it is at room temp. they are sending a replacement, but maybe it will also be closed at room temp. it must be a serious lemon?!
Vanhalo Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2020 6:11:41 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jorabi Go to Quoted Post
I apologize for writing my original question backwards. It should have said:

I ordered and received a defrost thermostat and wanted to test it before putting it in. The circuit is closed (zero res) out of the box at room temp. I thoroughly froze it with spray until it was entirely covered with frost, and it stayed closed. I put it under a heat lamp and at 84F it stayed closed.

I returned it because I thought it was bad. I received a new one and it tests the same way. I was assuming that the thermostat should be open until it gets too cold, then should be closed, to turn the heater on. But these are always closed. How can I test if the open/close is working?

Been trying to find somone else asking the same question for an hour tonight.

I have a replacement Samsung Thermo Bimetal Da47-00243K and my continuity test at room temps is closed(beeps).

So does the suspect Thermo I am replacing.
Jorabi Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:51:58 AM(UTC)

Snap, I bought the wrong part. I was going by the 37TV31 stamped on it but I guess more than one thermostat uses that. The one I got was WR50X10068 instead of 10006. It says L140-30F and it does open if I heat it to 140 and closes when it cools down.

Thanks, I will have to exchange it for the correct part.
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 11:00:11 PM(UTC)

Your model number is incomplete , but all the ones similar to yours took part WR50X10006 .

It looks like it has L53-40F on the side. L is limit 53 degrees F is when it opens and shuts down the defrost element.

-40 is the temperature it closes at. That is 53 - 40 = 13 degrees Fahrenheit.

So it has to get to 13 degrees to complete the circuit for defrost .

This part.
GE WR50X10006 Thermostat Def - AppliancePartsPros.com
Jorabi Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 5:59:47 PM(UTC)

I apologize for writing my original question backwards. It should have said:

I ordered and received a defrost thermostat and wanted to test it before putting it in. The circuit is closed (zero res) out of the box at room temp. I thoroughly froze it with spray until it was entirely covered with frost, and it stayed closed. I put it under a heat lamp and at 84F it stayed closed.

I returned it because I thought it was bad. I received a new one and it tests the same way. I was assuming that the thermostat should be open until it gets too cold, then should be closed, to turn the heater on. But these are always closed. How can I test if the open/close is working?
ThatGuy Posted: Monday, March 12, 2018 4:14:00 PM(UTC)

It depends on the temp. range the defrost thermostat/cutoff is made for.

Most complete the circuit or close at a temp. around 10 degrees F or lower.

The best way to test one is put it in a deep freezer for 5 hours or so then check it for continuity. It would take a lot of freeze spay to chill one down.
Jorabi Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 5:25:55 PM(UTC)

I ordered and received a defrost thermostat and wanted to test it before putting it in. The circuit is open (infinite res) out of the box at room temp. I froze it with spray just to see if it was backwards, and it stayed open. I put it under a heat lamp and at 84F it stayed open.

Then I returned it because I thought it was bad. I received a new one and it tests the same way. I was assuming that the thermostat should be open until it gets too cold, then should be closed, to turn the heater on. Am I mistaken?