Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
GuyGreg Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 8:31:18 AM(UTC)

I checked the door switch, it wasn't that. I watched the videos on how to repair the various things it could be, and given the number of them and the amount of disassembly required, I decided to call a local appliance repair place. I couldn't afford to have the dryer out for a long time while I tried every option.

It turned out to be the belt had broken. $133 installed for me.
GuyGreg Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 8:29:16 AM(UTC)

I checked the door switch, it wasn't that. I watched the videos on how to repair the various things it could be, and given the number of them and the amount of disassembly required, I decided to call a local appliance repair place. I couldn't afford to have the dryer out for a long time while I tried every option.

It turned out to be the belt had broken. $133 installed for me.
ThatGuy Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:05:40 PM(UTC)

It could be one of those. The door switch is easy to test. Open the door then carefully close it. You should be able to hear the switch click as it closes.

There is also a broken belt switch. If the belt breaks or the switch fails, the motor can't run.

Dryer Broken Belt Switch Kit (part #279782) - How To Replace
GuyGreg Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:26:33 PM(UTC)

Our gas dryer quit the other day. You turn the cycle knob to anything you like and hear the timer start running, and hit the Start button, but all you get is a faint "click" from the button and...nothing. Drum doesn't start spinning.
I did the search on here and it said 59% of the time it's the "dryer thermal fuse", but the guy on the video implied that's for when the dryer spins, but has no heat.
If a dryer works fine for years and is suddenly one day dead as a doornail, is that:
-thermal fuse-59%
-Door Switch Assembly-25%
-Door Latch Kit-5%
-Relay-2%

Whirlpool GGQ9800LW1