Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 7:17:52 PM(UTC)

ghostrider Posted: Friday, February 16, 2018 2:48:39 PM(UTC)

The red LED on the right side flashes ONLY when the freezer door is opened ie. and not pressing the overhead light switch and when the left side plastic hinged flapper is popped out obstructing the laser beam as it's supposed to. It flashes a similar sequence as in the other posts ie. blink twice then 1 second pause then repeat cycle.

With freezer door open and while pressing the overhead switch and pressing the flapper (closing it to allow the laser beam to hit the receiver - simulating the freezer door being closed) my red LED is not lit solid or flashing.

So I need to know what the normal working conditions of this red LED are under these 2 scenarios:

1 - with freezer door open and not doing anything to any of the other switches or flaps

2 - with the freezer door open while pressing the overhead switch AND while pressing closed the hinged flapper to simulate the condition of the freezer door being closed. Should the red LED be on solid under this scenario ?

I read some of the posts on this forum regarding the Infrared laser components being the source of the icemaker problem (model GD5PHAXxxxx and/or model GD5YHAXxxxx). There were 2 in particular that stated that the red LED was flashing and the sequenced pattern....but I don't recall them getting into the exact details of the conditions of everything else surrounding this ie. only the freezer door opened, freezer door opened AND the laser beam blocked by the hinged flapper on the left AND the upper door switch (light & other control). And never saw any formal test procedure for this laser setup.

Other details:
The icemaker has already been replaced and no change in symptoms.
The water solenoid valve has been tested in the same manner as the other posts described ie. pull out the frig and swap the wires between the water dispensers water valve and the icemakers valve then press water dispensers paddle and water DID come out into the icemaker tray. So the water valve is definitely good and the line in not clogged.

So this is narrowed down to the 2 Infrared laser boards kit OR the main control board. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And if there is a formal test procedure on your web site please tell me where.

Thanks,
Larry (ghostrider)