Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 1:56:09 AM(UTC)

The part you are wondering about is the back end of a light socket. What you are seeing on it are fumes and residue from self cleaning. You apparently had a lot of grease and combustibles inside and at some point they burst into flames and smoke came out wherever it could. The light socket has nothing to do with heating.

I'm guessing that the extra heat caused the thermal fuse to open. From the back its just to the right of the light socket. Watch the video on the same page.

Whirlpool WP3196548 Thermal Fuse - AppliancePartsPros.com

UserPostedImage
mbreihan59 Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 5:48:30 PM(UTC)

I recently used the self clean feature on my Whirlpool electric range. About three quarters if the way through the cycle I heard a loud pop and I'm fairly certain I saw a tall flame shoot out the back right burner for just a second. I saw no other irregularities as the cycle finished. The next time I went to use my oven, I selected bake > start and the display read 100 degrees and that the oven was preheating. However the over never gets hot. The coils do not heat up. Everything else on the oven works just fine (display/burners/etc.).

After removing the back panel I noticed the piece in the attachment looked like it had flame damage but I cannot find what this piece is or if it's something a pro should look at. Advice?

Thank you