Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
PNWDrew Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:33:29 AM(UTC)

Quick guess is your motor - the centrifugal switch on them closes to provide 1 of the 2 120v feeds to the element when the motor is spinning. Changed many of these motors for this issue.

If you wish to test further:
There are 2 big relays on the main board. 1 for the motor (working if it's turning obviously) and the 2nd closes to provide the other 120v line to the element. If you have a multimeter you can test that relay in action pretty easily.

In my experience the motor itself is more likely but I'd test to verify.
menfield_it Posted: Monday, January 29, 2018 7:43:30 PM(UTC)

I am working on a DV317AES/XAA Samsun Dryer. There are no error codes and the dryer runs fine, except for there is no heat. I've replace the heating element unit, which included new thermostats, etc. Additionally the thermistor and thermal fuse was replaced. I double checked the ohms on everything and it's all reading correctly. At this point I think it might be a control panel- Part Number AP424429. However, this is just a guess since I have replaced everything that I can think of. Can someone provide me some tips on what to test on pin pointing the problem and any other part I may of missed that I can check?