Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Kai'Ma Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2018 2:05:31 AM(UTC)

So how to you find a freon leak and is it a way to repair? Beats buying new fridge?
mcmillbs Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:04:17 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I am going refrigerator shopping today. Yay
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:25:26 AM(UTC)

That picture is very helpful.

Your refrigerator has just enough freon left to fill just the first coil. That means your refrige. is leaking freon. If you could find the leak/leaks then you might be able to fix it. Not an easy task and often the end result is the same, time for a new refrigerator.
mcmillbs Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 8:45:38 AM(UTC)

I have a Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator (Model FGUS2642LF2). The freezer temperature has been fluctuating between 0-20 degrees (set temperature is 0 degrees) for about a month or so. I took the back cover off and only the top coils are frozen, all other coils are not (See attached photo). From what I have been reading, it does not sound promising. Should I be refrigerator shopping or is this issue fixable?

Thank you in advanced.

Brandon