Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 9:13:34 AM(UTC)

Could you post a picture of the board and the melted wiring?
archer75 Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2018 8:02:07 AM(UTC)

The melting area is several inches below the control panel. Looking at troubleshooting guides i'm not getting any of the symptoms that would typically indicate a bad control panel.
Between that and a new wiring harness one has to start thinking about just buying a new dishwasher rather than fixing. This is our 2nd dead one in 13 years. The first being a whirlpool.
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 10:38:54 PM(UTC)

It sounds like bad news to me. Melting wires means bad connections or high amperage draw or both.

Are the melted wires right at the board? You would need a new board and a wiring harness. Sure you could splice a whole bunch of wires, but how safe is that in the long run.

The board us $167, not cheap and if all the wiring isn't fixed right, it will just damage the board again.

Whirlpool WPW10285180 Electronic Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com
archer75 Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 7:13:29 PM(UTC)

The dishwasher initially died in November 2017. Turns out it was the fuse and I replaced it and it worked for nearly two months before the fuse died again.

In both cases it died in the same part of the cycle. Just after washing the dishes and before draining.

I replaced the fuse a 2nd time and it's working again but I decided to pull it out and test the various parts. All are within spec.

The wires inside the door are showing signs of heat damage. And some have melted in to the plastic inside the door. The control board is showing signs of heat damage as well.

The problem is I don't know what part to replace to solve this issue and I don't want to willy nilly just start replacing stuff as it gets expensive fast and could get to a point where i'd rather just buy a new dishwasher.

Any thoughts?