Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 8:50:00 AM(UTC)

No fan was not replaced. Happened after the main board went. And replaced
ThatGuy Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:46:06 PM(UTC)

Here's a pic of the fan blades. The pointy side cuts the air and the fatter side pushes the air. The way it sits now the air is being pushed up.

Could your motor have been taken apart and accidentally reversed?
ThatGuy Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:36:56 PM(UTC)

Fan blades can be flat, but usually they are curved. Think of them being like a cupped hand, scooping up air and throwing it.
dugshorts Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:51:25 PM(UTC)

The refrigerator has been out of service for a some time while I've messed with it. The motor has been replace and seemed to work properly for a while.
Looking down on the fan it is currently turning clockwise which seems to be the correct direction for the shape of the blades but not for the correct air flow. Very confusing!
ThatGuy Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:37:49 PM(UTC)

From the top looking down on the fan blade, it should be rotating counter-clockwise.

That would make it push the air upwards. Towards the diffuser.

Has this fan been changed out? Did it just start doing this?
dugshorts Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:17:28 PM(UTC)

Can someone tell me if the evaporator fan in my KitchenAid side by side refrigerator is supposed to blow down over the coils or up pushing air thru the diffuser at the top and into the refrigerator side. Currently the fan is blowing down over the coils which is the reverse of what I understand it is supposed to do.