Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
thorning Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 9:24:53 AM(UTC)

If you have removed the drum look at and try turning the rear drum support rollers. Occasionally they get bound up and the drum tries to skid on these. The felt seal on either the front of the drum or the rear is more likely the cause because it is tuned over and it is wedged in between the drum and the bulkhead. If the drum is removed you can check the motor to see if the bearings are failing.
bluefitness Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 9:46:50 PM(UTC)

The motor turns fine by hand. The drum just seemed to be hard to spin with the bulkhead in place. I'll have to try to put it back together and see what's causing it to bind. I'll leave the belt off.
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 9:31:03 PM(UTC)

If the motor is hard to turn by itself , then the bearings are going bad.

The glides have some wear, but could be worse. The seal has some odd patterns on it. It should be okay.
bluefitness Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 8:02:59 PM(UTC)

Here are a couple more pics.
bluefitness Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 8:00:12 PM(UTC)

It was very difficult to turn. It didn't turn freely. Here are some pictures:
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:07:11 PM(UTC)

Pictures of the seal, glides, and outer drum would help. It could be the motor. How hard is it to turn it by hand? Does it spin freely?
bluefitness Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:39:13 PM(UTC)

The glides look normal to me. I didn't realize they had felt under them, so I will check that later.
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:26:46 PM(UTC)

There are a couple of glides up front. The drum runs on them. How do they look?

Whirlpool WP37001298 Dryer Drum Glide - AppliancePartsPros.com
bluefitness Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 4:15:15 PM(UTC)

When I try to start the dryer, it just makes a humming noise like the motor or drum is stuck. The drum was hard to turn by hand. I pulled the drum and the rollers seem to turn freely. I noticed the front felt is a little bunched up. I'm trying to figure out what is causing the binding. It seems to be in the front end bulk head. Do you think it is just the front felt? Is there any way to test other than putting it together and trying to get a feel for what is causing it to bind?